Lugger Bay Residence
- Mission Beach, Queensland, Australia
- Currently in progress
Scope of services
- Architectural services
- This design proposal was conceived to satisfy a very steeply sloping land form combined with expansive views over the ocean and islands along the Mission Beach coastline.
- The residence will be a beach side retreat for a young family whose work requires extended periods away from Australia. A key criteria was to create a level grassed playing area for the children.
- The layout allows for the majority of indoor and outdoor activities to be located over two levels and in close proximity to associated spaces.
- A variety of entertaining spaces within and surrounding the building promote opportunities for both formal and informal entertainment, each presenting subtle variations in exposure and outlook.
- The building form, material and colour palette provide a stimulating and vibrant facade, in constant change due to climate patterns and occupant activities. The design promotes a close proximity to the external environment prompting a refreshing awareness of even subtle changes to weather conditions. The ever changing moods of the ocean throughout the day and seasons are in constant view of each internal and external space.