Extension and Refurbishment - COW BAY DAINTREE RESIDENCE OFF THE GRID DESIGN
- Cow Bay, Queensland, Australia
Scope of services
- Architectural services
- Eco-Sustainability is of the highest priority for this residence set within a unique dense rainforest ecology. All services are to be provided within the confines of the site and carbon footprint to be minimised in every possible way.
- Typically the residence is to provide a high level of comfort for a young family and ensure a strong relationship between the spaces in the house and the surrounding rainforest.
- The rainforest can be seen through a 360 degree pan within the house, and provides multi level viewing platforms enhancing the overall experience amongst the tall trees surrounding the house.
- The living level has been raised above the forest floor to enable the hydrological regime to continue uninterrupted. The height assists in gaining breeze penetration into the house spaces and an appreciable comfort level of elevation above the ground during the wet season.
- The surrounding rainforest excludes any vistas of the house from outside the site.